Security camera in London and other city centres are becoming increasingly common, as is its use in homes and commercial property, to increase security and reduce the risk of burglary.
CCTV systems use video cameras to transmit a signal to a previously specified monitor or set of monitors. It’s most commonly used for real-time video surveillance of a building or open area and is an essential tool in protecting people, property and assets, with security cameras used to monitor banks, bars, offices, airports, hospitals, shops, offices, homes and many other locations.
CCTV Company in London
Our installers in London & Kent, offer a comprehensive expert service for all types of cctv systems, ranging from a single security camera monitoring one point of entry through to a sophisticated video surveillance package that monitors every access point in your home or business (including at walls and fences) and even multiple locations and buildings, in order to keep you protected. All of our CCTV systems can integrate with Access Control and Automatic Number Plate Recognition systems.
And if you need multi-site access control from a single central monitoring station controlling gates, doors and barriers, we can link it all together.
Our contractors are able to access your current Perimeter Intruder Protection and advise on aspects such as anti-climb walls and fences and other impediments. We will also advise on Security Lighting either to compliment security cameras, or as a standalone deterrent.
CCTV cameras in your household or business have a variety of uses. In the field of Internal and External Access Control it can be deployed so that if a door is unlocked, a security camera will be activated in that location. If the video surveillance camera is already active, it can be set to run at a higher frame rate and quality of resolution. Both working room lights and security lighting can be turned on.
Should there be a perceived emergency situation, CCTV can be put to good use in your home or commercial property to verify what is happening and advise of the extent of an actual fire or intrusion for example.
When positioned at the perimeter of a site, these systems can monitor walls and fences and other intruder hotspots. One of the best ways to get a return on investment is to use CCTV to grant entry via Pedestrian Gates or via Vehicular Gates, Barrier and Bollards. It can be linked to all Access Control Mechanisms such as card readers and can also incorporate Facial Recognition to provide automatic entry or an additional layer of verification.
There is a vast range of CCTV system hardware from the simple camera on an intercom, through to internal multi-direction dome cameras through to external models that can zoom in and out over long distances and operate in low light conditions. Our installers are familiar with all the major security camera and systems suppliers and will design and implement a surveillance solution that suits your current needs and can grow to meet your future needs. If you want a fully integrated, computer controlled video surveillance system with multiple facets or a simple intercom, we will advise you accordingly.
- Wired vs Wireless Systems
Wired CCTV systems are the most common and cheapest type of camera, where a wire plugs directly or indirectly from the camera to the monitor. The downside is that not being wireless the wires, including extension cables and connectors, are easier to locate and disable.
Wireless CCTV systems are more “the norm”, these days as they use the power of the Internet to transmit images back to a central resource and for smaller or domestic installations can be linked to an App and thus viewed over a mobile phone.
The wireless aspect from security camera to base-station can suffer from ‘chatter’ and can be blocked by metal in structures and thick walls. ARDECO’s advanced video surveillance systems and networking capabilities ensure this will not happen and your property will be protected.
Any IP-enabled device is open to hacking whether it is wired or wireless. ARDECO’s surveillance solutions all include the latest in encryption protection.
- Image quality
Our CCTV installers in London recommend the use of high-resolution security cameras (with up to 30 megapixel CCDs using CMOS chipsets) for protecting your property. The efficiency of a camera is judged by the size and type of chip it uses. Cameras with smaller chips tend to be able to pick up less light, and therefore produce lower quality images. The light sensitively is measured in Lux, which can range from 130,000 to 0.001 – the lower the Lux the better the camera will record . High-quality images – sufficiently clear for someone to be identified – are needed if CCTV footage is to be used as evidence in court. For the best detail, high resolution is required. High resolution means large files and slower transmission to an end storage facility. ARDECO network abilities come to the fore in advising on such aspects.
- Extending the life of legacy systems
Active Communication Company Ltd recognise that it is not always possible to fund an entire replacement of CCTV hardware and infrastructure. We are able to advise on the latest encoding software that will allow the upgrading of analogue cameras and the migration to Internet transmission. In conjunction with changing recording devices, ARDECO can help enhance the quality of your existing system, allowing it to be overhauled in a controlled timescale.
As with all Ardeco’s services, we can integrate a variety of systems into your property. Our guarantee is our consultation and design services are based on achieving our customers aims both in the short and long term.
Integrated Security Systems Installation, Tailor-Made to UK Companies’ Needs.
Keeping your company’s offices secured is something that is too often overlooked. Most UK business owners turn to a professional security system installation only after a major breach.
The right IP security system can actually save you money! A security breach can cost you in more ways than one: leak of sensitive information, missing cash, property destruction and loss of reputation are just a few of the unpleasant consequences associated with break-ins.
With more than 15 years of experience in this field, Ardeco can help you choose a security system that is reliable, cost-effective and best suited to your London office’s needs
Types of Access Control Systems You Can Choose from
1. Access Cards
- Easy and affordable to issue to staff members and or/contractors.
- You have full control of where the holder of each card can go.
- You can activate and deactivate a card with the touch of a single button.
- The technology works for a single point of access, as well as for multi-door, multi-site applications.
- Your cards can be branded with corporate messages, personalised with photos and even have credit added to
- them to facilitate the use of canteens and vending machines.
2. Biometric Access Control Systems
- You can choose between fingerprint or retina readers.
- Retina scanning is typically used for high-security applications to control staff movements.
- Fingerprint readers fit single points of access, as well as multi-door, multi-site applications.
- You have full control: after a fingerprint is stored into the management system, you can control which areas it can be used to access.
3. Proximity Fobs
- You can use them to open door locks without having to present the fob to a reader.
- You can record the movements of your staff members.
4. Simpler Solutions
- If you’re looking for something less complicated, we can help you with card swipe door controllers or a PIN-activated device and an intercom with CCTV built-in so that your receptionist can at least visually verify who is coming on to your property. These solutions are ideal for senior use.
- We know that every business is unique, with unique security needs. So we do our best to provide you with a system that fits your needs. Give us a call and we’d be happy to tell you how we can personalise your security system.
5. Entryphone System installations
- Monitor who enters your building by having your visitors identify themselves by voice or video.
Security Barriers Design and Installation Services in London
Our security barriers and gate systems are excellent for:
- Providing a high level of external security to your premises.
- Providing protection from unauthorised personnel.
- Protecting your vehicles.
- Creating a solution for traffic control.
- Whether your London property is a commercial, a private or a public one, we can help you with a solution that’s
Choose the Solution that’s Right for Your Property:
- Vehicular gates (sliding gates, swing gates and bi-folding gates)
- Barriers (straight beam or beam and security skit)
- Bollards (fixed, semi-fixed and rising)
- Road blockers (surface mount and trench mount)
- All of ARDECO’s vehicular gates, barriers and bollards solutions will integrate with our CCTV system, automatic number plate recognition, pedestrian gates, turnstiles and any other component of the access systems. We can advise you on compatibility and on choosing the right model for each of these systems. Just get in touch and schedule your FREE consultation.
A CCTV (Closed-Circuit Television) is ideal for real-time surveillance of your building or open area and is an essential tool in protecting people, property, and assets. You can use surveillance systems to to monitor banks, bars, offices, airports, hospitals, shops and many other locations.
Ardeco offer a wide range of CCTV solutions for any application. The benefits of our video surveillance camera solutions include:
Flexibility: choose from a single camera monitoring a single point of entry to a sophisticated package that monitors every access points in multiple London locations or buildings.
Full integration with our access control and automatic number plate recognition systems.
Monitor multiple locations from a single station.
Professional advice on security lighting to complement your CCTV system.
Full colour, high-resolution rendering (full HD)– clear images during both day and night (night vision).
Connection via Internet or even a 4G mobile network.
The possibility to incorporate features like facial recognition or motion detection.
Choose between wired and wireless CCTV.
ARDECO’s team of experts would love to help you not only choose the best CCTV system for your London location, but also advise you on how to extend the life of legacy systems.
We have been in this business for more than 25 years and we are familiar with most CCTV systems manufacturers, so we can provide you with consultation on your security camera systems and help you choose the solution with the best price-benefits ratio.
Want to learn more about CCTV? Read our blog posts:
IP CCTV Systems Installation: A Nutshell Guide to Your High-Performance System
Practical Tips for Successful CCTV Deployment
9 Benefits of CCTV Cameras That Go Beyond Video Recording
Stats from the UK Government Show Why You Need a CCTV System for Your Business
Modern systems have come a long way and now feature full colour, high-resolution rendering which work almost as well at night as they do in the day, through the use of night vision, meaning you can make use of your home CCTV system or business system at any time of the day.
CCTV is an area where our company particularly excels as they can be integrated with all our security systems and can be linked to remote monitoring stations – even overseas if you require. These days, it does not even need to be hardwired, wireless CCTV is proving increasingly popular. Not only can it work over Wi-Fi, it can be effective over a 4G Mobile Network. ACCL are also experts at connectivity via laser or microwave over relatively short distances.
Turnkey wireless CCTV camera installation systems to help keep your London office safe.
At Ardeco , we have been helping businesses in London & Kent keep their offices safe with top surveillance wired and wireless CCTV equipment for more than 25 years.
We always make sure that our clients can benefit from the best technology available in cctv surveillance and cabling, like motion detection. For London businesses who want to be on top of their security and compliant with current laws and regulations, we can recommend and install the best wireless CCTV camera systems.
Why do you need a wireless CCTV system for your London office? What Is a Wireless CCTV System?
A wireless CCTV system is made of security cameras that transmit video and audio signals to a wireless receiver, sometimes over Wi-Fi. You can then view all your security audio and video through a monitor in your control room, due to the cloud storage which your receiver is connected to. Through night vision, your cameras could be almost as clear at night as they are during the day.
As the name says, unlike usual CCTV systems, these ones don’t require wires for the video and audio transmission. However, they require at least one wire for power. The only exception are battery-powered cameras, which can form a truly wireless CCTV system, however the battery life may run out fairly quickly, which would mean frequent replacements need scheduling. Thus your security system can get rid of obstructive wiring which could also be broken by criminals attempting to disable your security feed for a break-in.
How are wireless security cameras installed?
During our 15+ years of experience in the field, we have perfected a process that is easy, efficient, cost- and time-effective.
Initial FREE on-site survey. As soon as you get in touch with us, we will schedule a visit at your location. Our technical planning team will make measurements and get all the info they need to come up with the best options for your new wireless CCTV system. This is completely FREE and comes with no strings attached for you.
Your comprehensive report. After our on-site survey, you will receive a report detailing your best options for a wireless surveillance system, along with our quotes for it and recommendations. You can choose to work with us or not – either way, you won’t be charged a penny up until this point.
We get to work. If you decide to work with Ardeco for the installation of your wireless ip cameras in London, we’ll agree on a schedule that involves minimal disruption to your business.
Performance and functionality tests. We never leave a job site until we have finished performing all the needed tests to ensure that your wireless CCTV system works impeccably and will keep on doing that for the foreseeable future.
That’s it! Our wireless CCTV camera installation systems come with a turnkey service that requires minimal involvement on your side.
- Lower installation costs. These cameras have become popular in recent years because the installation cost can drop significantly when there are no expensive video extension cables to run through the building.
- Flexible mounting options. Since you don’t have to depend on the areas where cables can be installed, you can place your cameras almost anywhere you want on your site. Wireless CCTV systems make installations possible in locations unavailable to standard cameras. They are also a solution which is just as easy to uninstall should you need to move your security systems with an office relocation etc.
- You can leverage the power of broadband internet. With a wireless system, it’s easier to get seamless HD video streaming.
- Better security. While there are ways to conceal the wires of traditional CCTV systems, experienced criminals may still be able to spot them. If they do and they cut the wires, your surveillance is dead instantly. This is a moot problem when you use wireless for your London office.
- Easier to move cameras. If you decide you want another angle for your cameras, you can easily move the wireless ones. You don’t need to worry about the hassle typically associated with moving wires and cables as they can be swiftly moved around the premises.